Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fashion Basics 101

I don't know why I am now attempting to write this one down but since they titled me a "fashionista" during our prom, I think I have a little authority to give out some teeny tiny tips to people just having a hard time scavenging in their closet to find a nice outfit.

 

Look I'm not going to try giving you steps towards a major make-over. What I offer is a start. In any case, everybody has really got to start at some point.

 

So, let's get down to the real deal here,shall we?? 

 

Okay, for them ladies.... Remember: black and white are two vital colors. Whatever you wear, these two are gonna do well with them. Now what items am I exactly pointing at? Pants, blouse, and if you're a Muslim lady-- veil.

 

Lemme add this one: a pair of black sandals or pumps

 

Apart from those two clors mentioned earlier, we also have the color brown on the list.

 

These group of very basic items are especially useful during TRAVELS. Personally, I can say that wherever I go, you can expect that I have them in my luggage or in my bag. They're totally fashion-savers!

 

Speaking of bags-- whenever I go shopping, I often use a tote bag, particularly when it’s really shopping ‘til my wallet goes all cleared out.hee. They’re a major help to keep you from carrying all those huge paper bags (which are almost empty anyway) from shops. (Don’t lose your receipts though! Okay? You wouldn’t wanna be in trouble with mamang gwardya).

If you’ve got really cute tote bags, they’ll accent your outfit. I’m not advertising or what but I’ve seen must-buys in Puma and UCB (United Colors of Benetton). They’re so pretty that it’ll haunt your dreams if you don’t purchase one. 

 

To press on, one must-have is a pair of dainty slippers. It’s quite easy to spot one nowadays. Some of the brands we all see in malls or boutiques are Havaianas, Ipanema, Ghrenda, Crocs, etc. (Haha! Did I say I wasn’t advertising? lol. Well, really I’m not.) Now if you’re on a quite tensed budget, there’s Banana Peel, and Toeberries, they’ve got really really really cute designs. I like them personally. 

 

Slippers are very useful if you just want to go out to buy some grocery items or if you just want to go to the salon. Generally, they’re easily slipped on and you’re off to go.

 

Besides slippers, a pair of hip sneakers is of great use. I also would suggest a white or black sneaks, or any versatile color that can go with any wardrobe. (Converse™ maybe…  susssshhhh….heehee.)

 

Hmmm… what else??  Uh-oh.. the Vanity Kit.  Lemme not forget about it. It’s extremely important and essential for a chic to remain fresh all day long! What’s in a vanity kit depends on what you use for a re-touch or good hygiene. Basically, what I have in mine is a pressed powder, and a loose one (of course you won’t and don’t have to share your pressed one with anyone else but yourself). I also have a blusher and a lip gloss. It’s your choice what other paraphernalia you’ll stuff in it (e.g. eye shadows, a cologne, a brush or comb, and a leave-on as well). Also, never forget to give a li’l space for a tiny alcohol or a hand sanitizer. I as well bring along a pack of wet tissues, they’re really handy. J One little tip: I separate the liquid-based and the powder-based pieces. It’s neat that way.

 

Apologies dear gentlemen, I actually had this done for my girls out there, but I think I can give you some tips too. This is based on my own opinion on how I like a guy would present himself in any state of affairs.

 

To begin with—The shirt. A T-shirt is more like a basic fashion need of anyone of course, especially guys. I won’t suggest on designs ‘coz I ain’t the connoisseur on Men’s department but all I can opinionate about is the size. Find something that’s not too small and not too large. Shirts with collars are nicely seen if you’re wearing sneakers or shoes. At any rate, it’s your own creativity that presents you well with your shirt.

 

With the pants--still not the expert on this one but have on something that fits you well, and something made from good cloth. You’ve got plenty of trade names all over malls. I’m sure you’ll get a pair of jeans worth your money. In connection with this, I noticed that some guys keep wearing their shorts even when they’re not supposed to. It’s a huge no-no. Example, if you’re up to meet a girl please don’t wear ‘em shorts. Not unless you feel the highest possible degree of disinterest meeting up with her, and you intentionally want to look stupid in front of her, then by all means, go do that. Haha! On the other hand, short pants or khakis are dexterous items in their own ways.

 

Concerning the footwear, sneakers, a pair of black shoes, and a pair of sandals are a must-have for a guy.

 

Take Note: To wrap the whole outfit up… put on a real sexy scent. It’s like a cherry on top of scoops of ice cream. Ooh la-la!!! *wink* :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: