Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So Psyched!!

Tomorrow's my exam in Psyche 54 (Social Psychology). This subject's not really within the BS Nursing curicullum but I took it when I got extended. Self-gratification is the reason behind it. I love Psychology, but as I see it, it returns so little love for me, and this makes me really saaaddd... (lol)

Anyway, it'd be a completion exam--and NO, it's not a removal exam. Well, yeah... okay, so I had my grade card stained with three annoying letters--INC! Then, what about it? It wasn't entirely my fault. I had to leave my Psyche class for the duties I'm having in a government hospital. (haha! Call it a Self-Gratifying Bias under the Biases in Attribution)

So, tonight, I had to force myself into really digging in those pages of poop sheets. Man, talk about re-running and rewinding everything! But, it wasn't that bad though, as I go along with it, I actually could recall those topics. Huzzah! Seems I wasn't really in an Indentity-Seeking state there huh? (lol)

Seriously, I still love Psychology. It makes me understand more about people ( YOU, ME,Your Girlfriend,My Crush, and the neighbor's pet puppy dog--oh exclude that! hee). The really good thing about it was being able to reflect on how I have been lately while keeping pace with my brain digesting all those stuffs stuffed in those sheets.

Oh, shame on me if I ever underestimate how it guided me to understand some significant events in my life that happened for the past few months. It made me realize how and why people do or say such things towards me and towards others as well.

Guess what?? I think I have more biases in me than what I usually acknowledge I have, because I am so schematic on the characteristic that I am, and will always be an understanding, sympathetic, and accepting kind of person, and whatever synonym you could find. Frak that! I make a lot of fundamental attribution errors myself, and yes, perceptual salience will always be the root of all these biases. So human of me!

But, you see, I have also learned-- actually, re-learned a while ago that, hey it's not yet too late for attitude change. With a powerful source, we can change. So, stop molding implicit personality theory and stereotyping around your thoughts. Think first before you make faulty attributions to people. As I always say: Use your brain at all times, and I guess it wouldn't really hurt you to get know some people much better. You can never be overloaded with friends. It isn't like your phonebook getting full.

We may not be perfect, but we can always improve ourselves in a more positive way.




x'cess: this is a good thing to recollect what I have studied a while ago. lol.

I hope I have conveyed even just a minute sense unto you. Have a blessed evening! We rocks!!!

elf_archer09

No comments: